Monday, October 21, 2013

NCAA report to be released tomorrow 10 a.m.

As you've heard by now, the NCAA will release the final report tomorrow morning at 10 a.m., with a press conference an hour later. UM will get the report first at 10 a.m. Look for some statement from somewhere in the Ashe Building (re: Donna) sometime after that. 

There's a real possibility we could get hit with another bowl/postseason ban, but that's very unlikely. What is likely however is going to be scholarship reductions and show causes for former CANE coaches. Here's something to remember here: We'll have 15 days to appeal any or all of the sanctions that the the NCAA announces. I don't expect any more postseason bans. 

Here's my take and what I expect to happen tomorrow. Look for a reduction of 'ships (I would say 3-5 a year for 3 years). They're going to be show causes (I suspect Clint Hurtt would be one of the main ones getting a show cause). There will be a hit tomorrow, but I don't expect it to be a big time hit (i.e., postseason ban), but I do expect a hit on 'ships end tomorrow. 

After tomorrow, we can put this behind us and get back to the business at hand of winning National Championships again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment